Monday 18 June 2012

E.L.F Haul 2013

My First E.L.F Haul !

Okay so i have always been slightly flaky when it comes to ordering makeup off of Eyeslipsface.co.uk just because a) i like to be able to see my makeup in person so i an clearly see the shades , b) Those £1.50s and £3.75s add up !! and c) i hate paying for shipping even if it is just £2.95 !
But i finally forced myself to do it and buy just a small amout of these value goodies - with some good and some bad revelations at the point of delivery .

Product 1 : Studio Matte Lip Colour (1.8g) - Tea Rose - £3.75














Okay so i couldn't get a good picture on my camera of this product but the Online store provides a swatch and a pic of the tube (tube? stick?) . The packaging first of all is so lovely and nice , it comes in a box which on the nicer side of drugstore packaging (see full Haul pic) and the actual tube is matte just like the matte Revlon lipstick tubes . However this is a long pencil like lipstick tube and the actual product is tapered to a point for precision application and this is so bloody useful !! 
The colour of Tea Rose is beautiful - it is a pale pinky-purple , kind of a very pinky Puce ? it is a little off from the shade on the site but i love it all the same and will be repurchasing when i run out ! This lasts quite well but it will need to be reapplied after an hour or so :) 
I almost forgot one of the best parts of this lipsticks - it tastes awesome !! it's sweet and i can't stop myself from licking my lips when i have it on - for those with less will power more applications per hour will be needed ;)

Product 2 : Studio Matte Lip Colour (1.8g) - Rich Red - £3.75










This is the same product as Tea Rose only this is in their newest red colour . The staying power, pigmentation level (strong) and lovely taste and the packaging is the same except for the obvious exchange of pink accents for red . Now this is a nice Yellow-Red Lipstick which would look lovely Matte (as it is ) or with a gloss applied on top - However as you can see from the swatch advertised on the webpage , i expected this to be a Blue-Red not a Yellow-Red because the blue toned reds are much more flattering on my cold undertones and makes my teeth look whiter (top tip right there) . 
So i am a little disappointed about this product, but at least it was only £3.75 and i may give it to one of my BFF's who i know prefers yellow-red  lipstick .
Boo You E.L.F .

Product 3: Liquid Eyeliner (5ml) - Cocoa - £1.50











Hello Lover ! I adore these eyeliners ! At first i was annoyed because after placing my order i realized that i had ordered the simple Liquid eyeliners rather than the eyeliner pens which i have been using for about a year (Stila and L'oreal mostly) and E.L.F offers the pens for a tiny £1.50 . However i am so pleased that i ordered these instead , the colour is so pretty and a rich chocolate colour , and this stuff stays on all day without flaking , smudging or fading . I am going to purchase these in Black as well as A dark blue . 
I bought this product in brown and grey because i find that with my blue/grey/green eyes it really makes them stand out without overpowering the pale colour or appearing too harsh in my pale (moon) face , this is the same reason i use a brown mascara ! I also chose brown and grey because i find that dependent on the shade i choose i can manipulate the colour my eyes appear as - brown makes them more grey, and grey makes them more green !
Product 4 : Liquid Eyeliner (5ml) - Ash - £1.50 










I have the same love for this eyeliner as the Cocoa colour except that this is now my new Everyday eyeliner , its cheap, its really easy to use because of the consistency of the liner and the applicator brush .
May i also point out the sheer amount of product you receive ? £1.50 for 5ml ! My three other favourite liners at price range £13 - £9 have individual amounts of 1.7ml, 0.8ml and 0.5ml - with the 0.5ml being the most expensive .
A definite repurchase with lots of other goodies , especially if i can find a free shipping code - if you know of one give me a shout ;) 


Okay so that's my first , very small, E.L.F haul and i am very happy . The package came in maybe 2 days tops, well packaged with bubble wrap , no mistakes and lovely products (mostly) . I am a Happy Little Elf - oh aren't i the Punniest ?

Enjoy, 
Sophie xx

2 comments:

  1. hey! thanks for following my blog, it meant i found yours ;) love it! but, this may be me being an idiot, i can't find the follow button on your blog :( help!? also, love elf, need to make another order from them soon... ;)
    nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i may also be an idiot but i don't know how to add one !! :'( i have been getting by from c+p peoples blog URLs into the ADD box on my blogger home page :/ and thanks haha how could i not follow when i saw your blog ! ELF is a god , so cheap and actually such good quality which i didn't expect . Their basic grey eyeliner is my go to every day and if i hadn't lost my tea rose lipstick that would be too :'( i just hate having to pay shipping when i'm permanency skint :/
      Sophie xx

      Delete